SPONSORED BY REPUBLIC BANK
This program will cover the following topics that are sure to enable us to competently plan for our clients who have served our country.
- Eligibility: Veterans/Dependents/Survivors
- Terminology and Figures: i.e. service-connected disability, disability percentages, etc.
- Medical Benefits: Traditional inpatient and outpatient medical care; long-term care and caregiver services; services for visually impaired and totally disabled veterans
- Non-Medical Benefits: Disability compensation; special monthly compensation; aid and attendance; grants for home/automobile modifications; financial assistance for low-income veterans
- Education/Employment/Home Loan Services: brief overview – not necessarily relevant for our group but good to know as citizens and supporters of veterans
- Burial and Memorial Benefits
Mike held various positions in the Army, including Apache helicopter pilot, UAV company commander, human resources director, and recruiting commander. Throughout all of these roles, Mike was a leader of hundreds of soldiers and spent countless hours counseling them and their families through personal and financial decision points.
Mike joined Lynch Investment Planning in 2018 after over 7 years as an active duty Army officer. He learned the art of investing from his dad, along with rigorous academic training and experience. He chose to enter the financial planning profession to continue to serve families and their financial needs. He brings a breadth of experience in strategic planning, complex problem solving, and process-based solutions to the firm. He believes in selfless service, and he brings that mindset to work for his clients each day.
Mike earned a Master of Science degree in finance from Saint Joseph’s University and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware, where he earned membership into The Phi Beta Kappa Society. At SJU, he found a special interest in Portfolio Management because he enjoys incorporating data analysis and statistics in creating risk-optimized portfolios (maybe it’s his mom’s influence as a math teacher). Mike lives in Newtown Square with his wife and two sons. He is active in the community and serves as a board member and volunteer for multiple organizations. He continues to serve his country as a Captain in the Army Reserve.